how do I populate a dropdownlist inside a datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Vaughn, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. Vaughn

    Vaughn Guest

    I want to populate ddl inside the dg, then on user selection update the datagrid further.

    My first column is a DropDownList in the DataGrid and the others are populated based on the first selection.
    The ddl is populated from an entire column.

    <code>
    ddlDocuments.DataSource = (DropDownList) (querDocument(ddlName.SelectedValue));

    private IListSource queryDocument(string columnName)

    {

    IListSource dc = an entire column from a table;

    return dc;

    }

    </code>

    Programatically how can I populate and retrieve the selectpion inside, and then add a new row.
    I can add new rows in a table, I am assuming the same.

    Vaughn, Oct 16, 2003