How do I populate Container.DataItems using a Multi-table ds?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by JDP@Work, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. JDP@Work

    JDP@Work Guest

    I may have painted myself into a corner and am willing to use a different
    method.

    This is an old form, prior to implementing SQLHelper which I'm using with
    MainForm.vb

    Any suggestions are welcome.

    Here is my current fill and one sample field from my form.

    The form is a printable version of a mster form.

    If I'm not mistaken the noted "Lead" table is the default view/table, how would
    I name and or access on the form additional tables that are returned by the
    sProc.

    myform.vb
    daLead.SelectCommand = cmdGetLead
    daLead.Fill(dsLead, "Lead")
    Me.LeadProfile.DataSource = dsLead.Tables("Lead")

    myform.aspx
    Source:&nbsp<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Source") %>

    This is not a challenge on my other forms where I use...

    MainForm.vb
    Dim dr As DataRow = ds.Tables(0).Rows(0)

    ... fill a bunch of controls.....

    If Not IsDBNull(ds.Tables(1).Rows(0)) Then
    Dim dr_inf As DataRow = ds.Tables(1).Rows(0)

    ... fill a few more controls....
    end sub

    TIA

    JeffP.....