How do i position a user control - ascx control.

John Blair

Hi,

I am trying to create a generic page footer control. But whenever i include
it in a page it always appears at the top of the page - how do i go about
positioning it at the footer - the control is a simple table. code below:
Thanks!

<TABLE WIDTH="100%" BGCOLOR="#dbeaf5" BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0"
CELLPADDING="0" style=" HEIGHT: 0.5in"
id="myheader">
<TR>
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: larger">Instant Solutions Ltd</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Put a placeholder control at the bottom of the page at design time.
Then at runtime you can use some code kinda like this:

MyPlaceHolder.Controls.Add(MyUserControl)

John Blair

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I ended up putting a panel control at the bottom and then placing my footer
control inside it! Thanks again.