How do I prevent the first asp.net page loading slowly?

Jason Madison

After I start IIS the very first page to load on my website takes about five
minutes (I think because the JIT compiler has to run through and compile all
the assemblies, and I guess some other initialisation work is performed).

Is there a way to get this initialisation to occur automatically without the
first visitor to the site experiencing this problem?

Nathan Sokalski

I don't know of one that you can do, but I also have little experience
actually working directly with IIS (I have never had access to anything
beyond what my webhosting service gives me access to). However, something
that you can obviously do is after you upload any modified files, visit the
site yourself (in other words, pretend to be a visitor) and then all your
customers will not have to experience the delay of being the first one.
There may be a way to do what you are asking, I have heard of something
called precompiling, but I do not know how to do that for ASP.NET Web
Applications, and I am not sure how much configuration in IIS is involved.