How Do I Print Table Cell Colours?

Massimo Capetola

I have a website with a page containing tables and coloured in cells:

If I want to print preview this page, assuming default settings in browser,
when I print the page on a color printer, all the colours disappear.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

darrel

Any idea?

That's normal behavior. Nothing you can do about it other than tell the
end-user to turn on 'print background colors' in their web browser.

If it's absolutely necessary, perhaps you could have your data spit out as a
formatted PDF as well and let people print that?

-Darrel

Bnob

darrel a formulé la demande :
That's normal behavior. Nothing you can do about it other than tell the
end-user to turn on 'print background colors' in their web browser.

If it's absolutely necessary, perhaps you could have your data spit out as a
formatted PDF as well and let people print that?

-Darrel

No possibility to set this option with a client-script ?

Robert Koritnik

Yes that's true. Imagine if backgrounds would print by default? Many sites
are dark and even black. Imagine the customers printing that.

Another possibilty is that you have a separate CSS for printing purposes...
That can be accomplished with TAG attributes. To have a separate SCREEN and
PRINT CSS style definitions.