how do I query this?

Mike Kamermans

hi,

I have the following xml element in a document:

<node name="thisnodename">
<links>
<linkto nodename="somenodename"/>
</links>
</node>

and I want to, given a variable $nodename, find all nodes that link to
it.
Is there a single xquery that will let me do this? I'm stuck at the fact
that:

"//node/links/linkto[@nodename=$nodename]"

will only give back a /linkto nodeset ... =/

- Mike Kamermans

Martin Honnen

Mike Kamermans wrote:

"//node/links/linkto[@nodename=$nodename]"

will only give back a /linkto nodeset ... =/

If you are looking for node elements then put the rest into a predicate e.g.
//node[links/linkto[@nodename=$nodename]]