How do I read a jpeg image from a folder on a server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Lucas Cowald, Oct 11, 2003.

  1. Lucas Cowald

    Lucas Cowald Guest

    Hi,

    How do I read a jpeg image from a folder on a server, and give it to a user
    as a file that his browser would download it (stream it) directly without
    sending any HTML tags.

    Here is exactly why I need it:

    1) User goes to a page image.asp
    2) image.asp would connect to a database and check, if this user has already
    downloaded the image before.
    3) If the user has never downloaded the image, he will be able to
    downloaded, If user has already downloaded the image before, a text will
    show on his browser that he can't get it the second time.

    What is the best way to acomplish this. Can you show a sample code in
    VBscript/ASP?

    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Lucas Cowald, Oct 11, 2003