How do i refresh a datagrid from a pop up window without having to refresh the whole page?

Pkenty

Hi, does any one know how to refresh a datagrid on one page from another page without having to load the whole page again

Let me explain

Ive got a page with 4 tabs on it with different datagrids in each tab..I have a add button on one page that open a new pop up window which allows the user to add a new resource to the datagrid...Once the user has selected a resource to add to the datagrid , i want the page to send an event to the Main datagrid page to refresh the data grid to show the new added record... I dont want to have to use window.opener to re open the whole window because the whole page refreshing is too slow..

Any ideas
Thank
Paul