how do I remove extra data from serialize XML string of a DataSet

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by IMS.Rushikesh@gmail.com, Aug 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,

    I want to serialize an object which contain the DataTable. As DataSet
    is MarshalByRef object and is serializable. I am using it directly.
    Even my data is also serialize and save it to XML file.

    Now as DataSet serialize, it's creating some extra information (schema
    information), And i don't need that. I only want to store the data in
    XML format. I don't want to store extra details like namespace etc...
    As it's increase XML file size.

    Inshort, I want XML string of a DdataSet excluding other data like
    type, namespace etc....

    One thing is clear that this DataSet is a part of my object. So I can't
    use DataSet.GetXML() function.

    Thanks
    Rushi
    , Aug 26, 2005

  2. iis,asp & db

    Can someone introduce me how can i create web application on iis,with asp
    technology and must I have database and which one?
    I have to create a memory,that can be played on web for 2 or 3 persons.
    Which tools i have to use?
    I have MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Macromedia Studio.
    I do not know how can I connect Flash application with active server
    pages,so i will be gratefull if someone help me or tell me something.
    ThanX
    Vedran Subotiæ, Sep 7, 2005