    take effect?

    Thanks.
    , May 13, 2005

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 13 mei 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Hi. I have to make a change to the global.asa file on a website. I've
    > never modified this file before. Are there any special steps needed
    > such as restarting IIS or rebooting the machine to make the changes
    > take effect?

    As far as I know, IIS checks if new version of global.asa is present and
    restarts if detected.

    Just uploading will be fine.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., May 13, 2005

  3. you just want to make sure the web is an "application" in IIS or the
    gloabl.asa will never fire
    (do a google search or something)

    after that even the slightest change to a global.asa will cause the
    application for that web to re-start

    here is just one example of using a globala.asa that you can look over
    http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/schedule-global.asp

    you can do all sorts of different things with the globala.asa of course

    Kyle Peterson, May 13, 2005