how do I replace global.asa?

mbosco51

Hi. I have to make a change to the global.asa file on a website. I've
never modified this file before. Are there any special steps needed
such as restarting IIS or rebooting the machine to make the changes
take effect?

Thanks.

Evertjan.

wrote on 13 mei 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hi. I have to make a change to the global.asa file on a website. I've
never modified this file before. Are there any special steps needed
such as restarting IIS or rebooting the machine to make the changes
take effect?

As far as I know, IIS checks if new version of global.asa is present and
restarts if detected.

Just uploading will be fine.

Kyle Peterson

you just want to make sure the web is an "application" in IIS or the
gloabl.asa will never fire
(do a google search or something)

after that even the slightest change to a global.asa will cause the
application for that web to re-start

here is just one example of using a globala.asa that you can look over
http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/schedule-global.asp

you can do all sorts of different things with the globala.asa of course