How do I reset session timeout timer?

Ken Varn

My ASP.NET application has a module that needs to change the local system
time on the hosting machine. I have session timeouts enabled, but I need to
reset the session timeout if the local system time is changed. I don't see
any means to do this. My problem is that if the system time is reset to the
future, the session state will timeout. Is there anyway to reset the
session timer?

--
-----------------------------------
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com

Guest

Ken,
This makes the assumption that Sessions are based on the time of the System
clock, which may not at all be accurate. Sessions have a sliding expiration
that makes use of the .NET Framework timers which are restarted to the
timeout period each time a new request is made. In other words, you should
not have to be concerned about it.
Peter