How do I retrieve attributes in correct order from a DOM

Prashant Parashar

Hi,
How do I retrieve attributes in correct order from a DOM?

the NamedNodeMap does not maintain the order and the
Node.getChildNodes() is not returning the attributes. Is there a way to
get attributes in correct order.

Thanks,
Prashant Parashar

Oliver Wong

Prashant Parashar said:
Hi,
How do I retrieve attributes in correct order from a DOM?

the NamedNodeMap does not maintain the order and the
Node.getChildNodes() is not returning the attributes. Is there a way to
get attributes in correct order.

Thanks,
Prashant Parashar

According to the XML standard, the order of attributes in an XML DOM is
not significant. If order is significant, then the document should use
children elements rather than attributes.

- Oliver

Oliver Wong

Prashant Parashar said:
is this related to Xerces or particular implementation?

In a sense. The XML specification states that order of attributes are
not siginificant, so implementations are free to return the attributes in
any order they wish. You might want to seek out an implementation which
guarantees a certain ordering.

- Oliver