how do i rotate the text by 90 degree in CSS

atin45gupt

how do i rotate the text in a table in html by 90 degree using
CSS...ne one sscan reply ...asap

Els

how do i rotate the text in a table in html by 90 degree using

You don't.
CSS...ne one sscan reply ...asap

Could you please stop asking for replies 'asap'?
It annoys me.
(and Bush says you're not allowed to annoy me on Usenet ;-) )

This is not your helpdesk. (It could become your helpdesk if you pay
me though :p )

cwdjrxyz

Els said:
You don't.

So far as I know, you do not rotate images or text with basic html. A
question much like this one was asked in the comp.lang.javascript group
recently concerning rotation of an image. Apparently if you are
interested only in recent IE browsers, there are some IE filters that
can be used to rotate an image or a division containing images and/or
text by multiples of 90 degrees. Someone posted an old javascript that
caused images to twirl that might be adapted with enough work, but this
idea was not fully developed and it worked only for IE as written. If
you search comp.language.javascript with "rotate" and image" you might
find that thread.

I rotate images with PaintShop and then put them up on the web :) .
Also there is a way to rotate the whole screen by 180 degrees on some
computers. A few years ago a lady asked for help in a NG because all of
her pages were upside down on her monitor. There was much discussion
about monitor adjustments and settings, but that did not help. It
turned out that the woman's children learned how to invert the display
at school. There was some obscure menu that allowed this. I thought
this strange at the time, but now I can see a possible use. For example
an InFocus DLP TV projector has a control to invert images. When the
projector is ceiling mounted, it is turned upside down so the controls
will face the floor. Thus the picture needs to be inverted.

dorayme

cwdjrxyz said:
Also there is a way to rotate the whole screen by 180 degrees on some
computers. A few years ago a lady asked for help in a NG because all of
her pages were upside down on her monitor. There was much discussion
about monitor adjustments and settings, but that did not help. It
turned out that the woman's children learned how to invert the display
at school. There was some obscure menu that allowed this. ...

I have a portrait monitor that pivots to landscape, there is
software to auto make the screen look "correct" (physically
triggered by twisting the screen). You'se all wanted to know this
surely?

Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Use this code in your css... It will work

Use the below code in your css files. It will work in all the browsers. Dont remove the comments.

/* Safari */ -webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg); /* Firefox */ -moz-transform: rotate(-90deg);-moz-transform-origin: 20px 0px; /* Internet Explorer */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=3);