    how do i rotate the text in a table in html by 90 degree using
    CSS...ne one sscan reply ...asap

    , Jan 17, 2006

  2. Els Guest

    wrote:

    > how do i rotate the text in a table in html by 90 degree using

    You don't.

    > CSS...ne one sscan reply ...asap

    Could you please stop asking for replies 'asap'?
    It annoys me.
    (and Bush says you're not allowed to annoy me on Usenet ;-) )

    This is not your helpdesk. (It could become your helpdesk if you pay
    me though :p )

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Jan 17, 2006

  3. cwdjrxyz Guest

    Re: how do i rotate the text by 90 degree in CSS

    Els wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > how do i rotate the text in a table in html by 90 degree using

    > You don't.

    So far as I know, you do not rotate images or text with basic html. A
    question much like this one was asked in the comp.lang.javascript group
    recently concerning rotation of an image. Apparently if you are
    interested only in recent IE browsers, there are some IE filters that
    can be used to rotate an image or a division containing images and/or
    text by multiples of 90 degrees. Someone posted an old javascript that
    caused images to twirl that might be adapted with enough work, but this
    idea was not fully developed and it worked only for IE as written. If
    you search comp.language.javascript with "rotate" and image" you might
    find that thread.

    I rotate images with PaintShop and then put them up on the web :) .
    Also there is a way to rotate the whole screen by 180 degrees on some
    computers. A few years ago a lady asked for help in a NG because all of
    her pages were upside down on her monitor. There was much discussion
    about monitor adjustments and settings, but that did not help. It
    turned out that the woman's children learned how to invert the display
    at school. There was some obscure menu that allowed this. I thought
    this strange at the time, but now I can see a possible use. For example
    an InFocus DLP TV projector has a control to invert images. When the
    projector is ceiling mounted, it is turned upside down so the controls
    will face the floor. Thus the picture needs to be inverted.

    cwdjrxyz, Jan 19, 2006
  4. dorayme Guest

    Re: how do i rotate the text by 90 degree in CSS

    In article
    <>,
    "cwdjrxyz" <> wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > how do i rotate the text in a table in html by 90 degree using

    > > You don't.

    > Also there is a way to rotate the whole screen by 180 degrees on some
    > computers. A few years ago a lady asked for help in a NG because all of
    > her pages were upside down on her monitor. There was much discussion
    > about monitor adjustments and settings, but that did not help. It
    > turned out that the woman's children learned how to invert the display
    > at school. There was some obscure menu that allowed this. ...

    I have a portrait monitor that pivots to landscape, there is
    software to auto make the screen look "correct" (physically
    triggered by twisting the screen). You'se all wanted to know this
    surely?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 19, 2006
  5. manims

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Use this code in your css... It will work

    Use the below code in your css files. It will work in all the browsers. Dont remove the comments.

    /* Safari */ -webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg); /* Firefox */ -moz-transform: rotate(-90deg);-moz-transform-origin: 20px 0px; /* Internet Explorer */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=3);

    manims, Sep 5, 2011