How do I set my local copy of IIS so that I can view my ASP pages?

John

One of the things I've never figured out is how to view an ASP page on
my own computer.

I always have to upload it to the server, then view the page over the
Internet.

I assume there's a way to do this, and hopefully, I won't feel as much
of an idiot as I did earlier today when I found out how easy one of my
questions was. (I did some experimenting a month or so ago, but nothing
worked, then I dropped worrying about it since I could work-it-around.)

John
www.MAZES.com
www.MessageMazes.com
www.GodLovesEveryone.org
etcetera

Mark J. McGinty

John said:
One of the things I've never figured out is how to view an ASP page on
my own computer.

I always have to upload it to the server, then view the page over the
Internet.

Make sure that IIS and the web server service are installed and running,
place your .asp files in the web root, and load them in the browser via the
loopback: http://localhost/myfile.asp

-Mark