How do I set my local copy of IIS so that I can view my ASP pages?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by John, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    One of the things I've never figured out is how to view an ASP page on
    my own computer.

    I always have to upload it to the server, then view the page over the
    Internet.

    I assume there's a way to do this, and hopefully, I won't feel as much
    of an idiot as I did earlier today when I found out how easy one of my
    questions was. (I did some experimenting a month or so ago, but nothing
    worked, then I dropped worrying about it since I could work-it-around.)

    John
    www.MAZES.com
    www.MessageMazes.com
    www.GodLovesEveryone.org
    etcetera

    John, Jan 13, 2006

  2. John

    Paxton Guest

    John wrote:
    > One of the things I've never figured out is how to view an ASP page on
    > my own computer.
    >
    > I always have to upload it to the server, then view the page over the
    > Internet.
    >
    > I assume there's a way to do this, and hopefully, I won't feel as much
    > of an idiot as I did earlier today when I found out how easy one of my
    > questions was. (I did some experimenting a month or so ago, but nothing
    > worked, then I dropped worrying about it since I could work-it-around.)
    >
    > John

    http://www.webwizguide.com/asp/tutorials/installing_iis_winXP_pro.asp

    /P.

    Paxton, Jan 13, 2006