How do I set the color of the arrow button in a select control

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ron Brennan, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Ron Brennan

    Ron Brennan Guest

    Subject line says everything about what I want to do.

    Thanks.

    Ron Brennan, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Ron Brennan

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    Ron Brennan said...

    > Subject line says everything about what I want to do.

    <q>The "Subject" line (formerly "Title") tells what the message is
    about. It should be suggestive enough of the contents of the
    message to enable a reader to make a decision whether to read the
    message based on the subject alone.</q>

    Standard for Interchange of USENET Messages
    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1036.txt

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 18/July/2003 09:27:12 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Ron Brennan

    Ron Brennan Guest

    I think I'm in compliance with what you cited. Maybe I missed your point.

    Ron Brennan, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Ron Brennan

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    Ron Brennan said...

    >>> Subject line says everything about what I want to do.

    >> <q>The "Subject" line (formerly "Title") tells what the message is
    >> about. It should be suggestive enough of the contents of the
    >> message to enable a reader to make a decision whether to read the
    >> message based on the subject alone.</q>

    > I think I'm in compliance with what you cited. Maybe I missed your point.

    <q>The "Subject" line (formerly "Title") tells what the message is
    about.</q> the subject is not the body of the message. a bit nitpicky
    but as sooo many people don't seem to understand what the subject
    field is or how to use it a lot of people just ignore it.

    please don't toppost
    How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 18/July/2003 10:19:08 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 18, 2003
  5. Ron Brennan

    Ron Brennan Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > In post <>
    > Ron Brennan said...

    > >> <q>The "Subject" line (formerly "Title") tells what the message is
    > >> about. It should be suggestive enough of the contents of the
    > >> message to enable a reader to make a decision whether to read the
    > >> message based on the subject alone.</q>

    > > I think I'm in compliance with what you cited. Maybe I missed your

    point.

    > <q>The "Subject" line (formerly "Title") tells what the message is
    > about.</q> the subject is not the body of the message. a bit nitpicky
    > but as sooo many people don't seem to understand what the subject
    > field is or how to use it a lot of people just ignore it.
    >
    > please don't toppost
    > How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    > http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post
    >
    > --
    > brucie a. blackford. 18/July/2003 10:19:08 am kilo.
    > http://loser.brucies.com/

    Thanks for the last suggestion; I'm still not sure what your original point
    was though. By the way, do you know the answer to my question? At one point
    at least, what I'm trying to do wasn't possible. Is that still the case?

    Ron Brennan, Jul 18, 2003
  6. Ron Brennan

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    Ron Brennan said...

    >> [How do I set the color of the arrow button in a select control]

    > By the way, do you know the answer to my question?

    not possible which is a good thing. confusing the visitor with
    unfamiliar controls is not.

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 18/July/2003 10:46:58 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 18, 2003
  7. Ron Brennan

    Ron Brennan Guest

    "Ron Brennan" <> wrote in message

    > "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > > In post <>
    > > Ron Brennan said...

    > > > I think I'm in compliance with what you cited. Maybe I missed your

    > point.
    > >
    > > <q>The "Subject" line (formerly "Title") tells what the message is
    > > about.</q> the subject is not the body of the message. a bit nitpicky
    > > but as sooo many people don't seem to understand what the subject
    > > field is or how to use it a lot of people just ignore it.
    > >
    > > please don't toppost
    > > How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    > > http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post
    > >
    > > --
    > > brucie a. blackford. 18/July/2003 10:19:08 am kilo.
    > > http://loser.brucies.com/

    > Thanks for the last suggestion; I'm still not sure what your original

    point
    > was though. By the way, do you know the answer to my question? At one

    point
    > at least, what I'm trying to do wasn't possible. Is that still the case?

    Thank you Mark and Brucie.

    Ron Brennan, Jul 18, 2003
  8. Ron Brennan

    Geoff Ball Guest

    Woolly Mittens <3f179aa4$0$134$> wrote in
    alt.html:

    > "brucie" <> wrote in message

    >> In post <>
    >> Ron Brennan said...

    >> > Subject line says everything about what I want to do.

    >> <q>The "Subject" line (formerly "Title") tells what the message is
    >> about. It should be suggestive enough of the contents of the
    >> message to enable a reader to make a decision whether to read the
    >> message based on the subject alone.</q>

    > Can you please answer the question and/or send your personal usenet
    > law-enforcement to his email adress.

    Why should he?

    1) This is usenet, so why should he be emailing things in private?

    2) By posting it here, all the other newbies who don't know how to post can
    learn that you don't put your question in the subject line.

    3) No one's forcing him to answer the question. This isn't a 24-hour help
    desk, and if all he wants to say in his reply is that he likes to eat ice
    cream in a thunderstorm, then all the power to him. Your request for him to
    answer the question isn't justified.

    Regards,
    Geoff

    --
    http://www.doctype.ca/
    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Geoff_Ball

    Geoff Ball, Jul 18, 2003
  9. Ron Brennan

    Jan Faerber Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:33:15 +1000, brucie <>
    wrote:

    Hi Bruci,

    How are you? I hope fine!
    I have now Linux_SuSe instead of WinME and Opera.
    I just saw that you still are very active in writing on alt.html
    and I visited your URL with "your"(?) hand.

    What are you doing there? Do you need a doctor?

    Greetings Jan

    http://www.8ung.at/meinnest

    Jan Faerber, Jul 18, 2003
  10. Jacqui or (maybe) Pete, Jul 18, 2003
  11. Ron Brennan

    Mr. Clean Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Subject line says everything about what I want to do.