How do i setup a virtual directory for VS2003

Danny Ni

Hi,

I downloaded a C# project from Internet and unzipped the project to a
directory in my local machine, in IIS console I setp up a virtual directory,
the project seems to work fine because I can use IE to browse the ASPX
pages.

But when I tried to use VS2003 to connect to this project by "Open Projects
From Web", no go. Do I have to do something else for VS2003 to connect?

TIA

Craig Deelsnyder

Hi,

I downloaded a C# project from Internet and unzipped the project to a
directory in my local machine, in IIS console I setp up a virtual
directory,
the project seems to work fine because I can use IE to browse the ASPX
pages.

But when I tried to use VS2003 to connect to this project by "Open
Projects
From Web", no go. Do I have to do something else for VS2003 to connect?

TIA

What do you mean by 'no go'? Please provide any errors, etc. Otherwise,
one thing you'll need to check is if there was a .webinfo file with the
same name as the project file in the root of the source code, open it in a
text editor and change that URL to use the virtual folder name you setup.

Beyond that, please provide errors if that doesn't fix it.