how do i stop a double click on a web button

jason

I want to stop a web button being pressed while I process
the code associated with it. I thought of adding an
attribute to disable the button while I performed the
server process but that seems to stop the server code
being executed (because the button is disabled first).

The other solution is to set a session variable while the
code is processing. This works but I didn't want to do
this because I would like to apply the functionality to
all buttons.

Any ideas?