How do I stop this javascript from being emitted?

paul.hester

Hi all,

I have a fairly basic page with some text boxes, validators and submit
buttons. I have "EnableClientScript" set to false for all the
validators and "enableEventValidation" set to false in the pages
section of the web.config file. Whenever a validator is present on the
page, the following javascript is emitted:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var theForm = document.forms['aspnetForm'];
if (!theForm) {
theForm = document.aspnetForm;
}
function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
if (!theForm.onsubmit || (theForm.onsubmit() != false)) {
theForm.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget;
theForm.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
theForm.submit();
// -->
</script>

<script
src="/WebResource.axd?d=yCWeX6Nxz-J5KFaiENoCPA2&amp;t=632938428474843750"
type="text/javascript"></script>

If I remove the validators, it's not emitted. I've decoded the
viewstate and it contains the following items:

-1017253366d
__ControlsRequirePostBackKey__
ctl00$cphPage$ctl01
ctl00$cphPage$ctl02R

Does anyone know what I can do to stop the javascript being emitted?

Thanks,

Paul

Teemu Keiski

I think it is the Button causing it to be registered when there are
validators in the same validation group with it.

paul.hester

Hi Teemu,

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you know how I can stop this from
happening?

Thanks,

Paul

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider

[...]

Set CausesValidation="False" for the Button in the same validation group.
You just need to call Page.Validate on server manually before you can access
Page.IsValid property.