How do I tell what authentication method is being used?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by David Thielen, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. David Thielen, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Hello Dave,

    I think your current means is a good one, also you can access the
    IIdetnity.AuthenticationType property to detect whether the authentication
    type is windows(Negotiate or NTML) or Forms. e.g.

    string authtype = User.Identity.AuthenticationType

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 9, 2006

  3. I like your suggestion better. Thanks.

    --
    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net

    David Thielen, Nov 9, 2006