    I don't even know how to troubleshoot this since I can't trap it in my own
    code, and Google isn't helpful. Help?

    Paul
    PJ6, Jul 26, 2007

  2. PJ6

    bruce barker Guest

    when you stop the load, it closes the connection which causes the error.
    your code is hanging and you need to figure why.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 26, 2007

  3. PJ6

    PJ6 Guest

    The hanging occurs only after execution has left my handler, and I have
    verified this with breakpoints. When I pause execution on the hang
    condition, I only get "how disassembly". It may or may not be my code - but
    again, it's not clear to me how to diagnose the problem.

    Paul

    PJ6, Jul 26, 2007
  4. Doe this behaviour occur when Fiddler isn't running?

    I only ask because I once spent days hunting for a SocketException
    that was caused by Fiddler while I was tracing for another problem.

    Flinky Wisty Pomm, Jul 26, 2007
  5. PJ6

    PJ6 Guest

    Unfortunately yes.

    Paul

    PJ6, Jul 26, 2007
  6. PJ6

    PJ6 Guest

    I just discovered that IE6 on my machine has a hanging problem not limited
    to my project.

    I thought to test for this after it threw a BSOD at me. Time for a fresh
    installation of Windows.

    Paul

    PJ6, Jul 31, 2007