How do I turn off validation?

jm

I have an ASP .NET page with three DataGrids. On one of the datagrids
there are several vaildators. On another grid there is a button that
does something else (changes data in a database). The problem is that
that button causes the validator for the other grid to fire, as they
are on the same form. But I don't want to validate any data; I don't
want the validators to fire at all. I would enable=false them, in my
button, but the validators fire before the button' script client and
server. Any ideas? Thanks.

Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Turn off validation

I have a very similar issue.
At the top of the page I have the input field (with their validators) to add new rows into a table.
At the botton of the page I have a GridView that displays the information. In that GridView I also let the user edit the information.
The problem comes right there when the user tries to edit the field on the GridView. The validators I have in the top of the page kick in and don't let me edit the data on the GridView.

I already tried setting the enable property of the validator to "FALSE" but that didn't work.

Anu suggestions on how to disable/turn off the validators when pressing the update link in the GridView????

Thanks in advance,