How do I use web.config to redirect pages?

Henry Stock

I understand that there is a way to redirect the location of a web page
by using a web.config file.

For example: Say my URL points to my Root directory, but I want my web
site to reside in a sub folder named httpdocs.

How would I design the web.config file to redirect incoming http
requests to the httpdocs folder?