How do I wait for the child process ?

CBFalconer

Walter said:
POSIX 1003.1-1990, section 3.2.1.2

The wait() function shall suspend execution of the calling process
until status information for one of its terminated child processes
is available, or until a signal whose action is either to
execute a signal-catching function or to terminate the process
is delivered. If status information is available prior to the call
to wait(), return shall be immediate.

As I said, it was not a guess.

That quote, while probably accurate, cannot be verified here
inasmuch as it does not appear in the C standard. It, and your
earlier reply, are all off-topic in c.l.c. The point is that the
experts are not here, they are there. You should not encourage
off-topic questions nor answer them here. Protesting does not
change the fact.

CBFalconer

Walter said:
Well, I don't know, Mark -- what are your standards of proof for
matters that are not specified in one of the C standards?

You miss the point. This group does not contain Posix (or XXX)
experts, except by chance. Whatever you say about Posix (or XXX)
will not be subject to scrutiny. Therefore it just doesn't belong
here. At least here we know that when a Tisdale spouts some
nonsense about C several people will correct him. If I announce
that the salmon have returned to the Dennys River who is there to
correct me if I am wrong?

Mark McIntyre

On 29 Mar 2005 23:05:46 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
Well, I don't know, Mark -- what are your standards of proof for
matters that are not specified in one of the C standards?

I have none, from the point of view of CLC. Are we done here, because
you bore me.