How do prevent sites to be loaded in other sites frames?

Stefan Caliandro

Hello,

is it possible to avoid the site stealing and wild-linking?

I want to prevent another site to link directly to my pages,
so it should be possible to filter over the url referer and block this
link hits.

Do you have any ideas how to realize this?

Thx
Stefan

Jukka K. Korpela

Stefan Caliandro said:
I want to prevent another site to link directly to my pages, - -
Do you have any ideas how to realize this?

Remove your pages from the World Wide Web. That's a 100% certain way of
preventing linking to them. And pages that wish to prevent linking to
them quite often deserve that.

Using control based on the Referer field is possible, but less reliable,
and a lot of work (though there are surely people who would do that for
you, for some money), and would require tools external to HTML.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Stefan said:
is it possible to avoid the site stealing and wild-linking?

Not possible (reliably) to prevent linking.
I want to prevent another site to link directly to my pages,
[in other site's frames, per your subject line]

The following in the <head> section of your documents should help:

<script type="text/javascript">
if (top.location != location)
// Sorry, not in YOUR frame
top.location.href = document.location.href ;
</script>