How do the experts here quickly come up with references to standards?

Chris Croughton

Actually, INCITS is what was briefly known as NCITS and before that was
Accredited Standards Committee X3, Information Technology. ANSI is who
accredited it, and who delegates responsibility for IT standards to it.

Thanks for the details, as I said I can never remember who is called
what ("The committee formerly known as X3"). Countries are even
worse...
Girls are like slugs -- they probably serve some purpose, but
it's hard to imagine what. -- Calvin

I'll remember that quote <g>...

Chris C

CBFalconer

Chris said:
.... snip ...

Thanks for the details, as I said I can never remember who is
called what ("The committee formerly known as X3"). Countries
are even worse...

Hah. I have no problem with Persia, Ceylon, Burma, Siam, Rhodesia,
Czechoslovakia. I can even point to them on a map.

Joe Wright

CBFalconer said:
Chris Croughton wrote:

... snip ...

Hah. I have no problem with Persia, Ceylon, Burma, Siam, Rhodesia,
Czechoslovakia. I can even point to them on a map.

But an old map. Now it's Iran, Sri Lanka, etc. Where would you look
on your map for San Marino or Andorra? Now don't search for them or
look them up. That's cheating. Just point to them.

CBFalconer

Joe said:
But an old map. Now it's Iran, Sri Lanka, etc. Where would you look
on your map for San Marino or Andorra? Now don't search for them or
look them up. That's cheating. Just point to them.

I think in Italy and Spain, but I may be way off on those. However
this is drifting too far OT - THE END.

lawrence.jones

Mike Wahler said:
I would not recommend anyone with any level of expertise read
it 'front to back' like a book.

Yes, both the plot and the character development leave something to be
desired. :)

-Larry Jones

See if we can sell Mom and Dad into slavery for a star cruiser. -- Calvin