    I would appreciate a simple example!

    Thanks!

    Maria

    vertigo, Jul 6, 2003

  2. vertigo

    rf Guest

    "vertigo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How to they get those pop-ups to fit exactly their windows?

    Which popups?

    > And how do they hide the URL from which the pop-up
    > banners are coming from?

    No idea.

    > I would appreciate a simple example!

    So would I.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 6, 2003

  3. vertigo

    Mike Guest

    get yourself a copy of "popup-killer"

    -Mike

    Mike, Jul 6, 2003
  4. vertigo

    vertigo Guest

    Come on, Richard. Just a pop-up window with a banner in it
    that fits the window exactly. No spaces between the banner
    and the window border. Also, the windows do not carry in their title
    the URL of their origin. They carry a name instead. How do they do it?

    Thanks!

    Maria

    vertigo, Jul 6, 2003
  5. While the city slept, vertigo <> feverishly typed:

    > How to they get those pop-ups to fit exactly their windows?

    They're in league with the devil...

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    "They got the mustard out!"

    nice.guy.nige, Jul 6, 2003
  6. vertigo

    P@tty Ayers Guest

    > How to they get those pop-ups to fit exactly their windows?
    > And how do they hide the URL from which the pop-up
    > banners are coming from?
    > I would appreciate a simple example!

    Maria, definitely using JavaScript. If you happen to be using Dreamweaver, it will write the code for you (the 'Open Browser Window' Behavior'). If not, you'll have to dig up the JavaScript somewhere else, but some research on the web should do it, or looking at source code, as others have suggested.

    Hope that helps.

    --
    P@tty Ayers
    http://www.WebDevBiz.com

    P@tty Ayers, Jul 6, 2003
  7. vertigo

    $uRoot Guest

    vertigo wrote:
    > Mike,
    >
    > Did I ask you how to kill pop-ups?
    > You are imagining thinks, right?
    >
    > Maria

    Some pop-up killers will give you information about the pop-up that it
    blocked (eg., the URL). Obviously, that could be pretty useful info to
    have if you're trying to figure out how they're building the pop-up
    window. Perhaps that's what the other person meant?

    $uRoot, Jul 6, 2003
  8. vertigo

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > get yourself a copy of "popup-killer"
    >
    > -Mike

    Oh right, so that will explain to her how it's done will it?

    Alan D-W, Jul 6, 2003
  9. "Alan D-W" <> wrote in message

    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > > get yourself a copy of "popup-killer"
    > >
    > > -Mike
    > >

    > Oh right, so that will explain to her how it's done will it?

    I think what you are looking for is frameless / borderless pop-ups ?

    I don't know wether you know this or not .. I assume not.. But there is a
    very well kept secret url for finding the answers to most things.. I
    shouldn't really post the URL here for such a secret but please please dont
    tell anyone or this usenet group and others like it will die from lack of
    posts..

    The URL is http://www.google.com

    Its quite easy to use, you just type your query in the box provided (for
    example 'pop-ups' ) and hit the 'search' button and it will list sites with
    information about this..

    If you struggle with typing in the little box then please feel free to post
    your problem on here and I am sure that someone will do all the hard work
    for you :)

    Not in my trousers, Jul 6, 2003
  10. vertigo

    vertigo Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 18:26:13 +0100, "Not in my trousers"
    <> wrote:

    >"Alan D-W" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >> > get yourself a copy of "popup-killer"
    >> >
    >> > -Mike
    >> >

    >> Oh right, so that will explain to her how it's done will it?
    >>

    >I think what you are looking for is frameless / borderless pop-ups ?
    >
    >I don't know wether you know this or not .. I assume not.. But there is a
    >very well kept secret url for finding the answers to most things.. I
    >shouldn't really post the URL here for such a secret but please please dont
    >tell anyone or this usenet group and others like it will die from lack of
    >posts..
    >
    >The URL is http://www.google.com
    >
    >Its quite easy to use, you just type your query in the box provided (for
    >example 'pop-ups' ) and hit the 'search' button and it will list sites with
    >information about this..
    >
    >If you struggle with typing in the little box then please feel free to post
    >your problem on here and I am sure that someone will do all the hard work
    >for you :)

    Thank you, GRAND ASSHOLE.

    Maria

    vertigo, Jul 6, 2003
  11. >
    > Thank you, GRAND ASSHOLE.
    >
    > Maria

    At least my post was aimed at being helpful whilst still a little 'tongue in
    cheek' by suggesting what the origonal poster was looking for and where to
    find the answer.

    Whereas you own comment just shows that you are completely inward retarded
    and have no helpfull comments at all to add to either this forum or society
    as a whole.. If you have nothing helpful to give to the forum then please
    stop wasting everyones bandwidth..

    Not in my trousers, Jul 6, 2003