How do we Call an external routine in Perl

Bazil

Is there a way to call/ launch an external command in perl
I mean for example call a Java script or a shortcut of some sort.

Thanks for any suggestion

Gregory Toomey

It was a dark and stormy night, and Bazil managed to scribble:
Is there a way to call/ launch an external command in perl
I mean for example call a Java script or a shortcut of some sort.

Thanks for any suggestion

Browsers call javascript, not Perl.

In linux/unix, the system() command calls an external program, either a shell script or an executable.

gtoomey

Tad McClellan

Bazil said:
Is there a way to call/ launch an external command in perl
^^^^^^^^

perldoc -q external

You are expected to check the Perl FAQ *before* posting to
the Perl newsgroup.