    Is there a way to call/ launch an external command in perl
    I mean for example call a Java script or a shortcut of some sort.

    Thanks for any suggestion
    Bazil, Dec 5, 2003

  2. It was a dark and stormy night, and Bazil managed to scribble:

    > Is there a way to call/ launch an external command in perl
    > I mean for example call a Java script or a shortcut of some sort.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestion

    Browsers call javascript, not Perl.

    In linux/unix, the system() command calls an external program, either a shell script or an executable.

    gtoomey
    Gregory Toomey, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Bazil <> wrote:

    > Is there a way to call/ launch an external command in perl

    ^^^^^^^^

    perldoc -q external

    You are expected to check the Perl FAQ *before* posting to
    the Perl newsgroup.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming