    a FIFO and the maximum in the line describe the depth of the FIFO. and
    it's the simplest calcul i have to do.
    Thanks for or the helps

    Ouadid, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Ouadid wrote:

    > I saw some tricks in the web, where the coregen was writen in some
    > high level languages like Visual Basic or visual C++, and whan you
    > give the specification of the bloc you want it generate the VHDL code
    > with some printf() functions in différent files.

    Consider learning VHDL and writing
    your own code directly, for synthesis.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Ouadid

    Ouadid Guest

    Dear Mike,
    I'm not interesting in using an IP core in my design. In the fact,
    i wrote my own VHDL code for an ECC codec that is defined for a
    specific code. The all is working well and the synthesis is ok. The
    second stage in my project is to build a coregen in order to generat
    the VHDL code for any kind of this codec familly.
    What i'm asking for is the way we write such a tool. In C/C++, VB,
    TCL/TK????
    Thanks for your suggestion.

    Ouadid, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Ouadid wrote:

    > Dear Mike,
    > I'm not interesting in using an IP core in my design. In the fact,
    > i wrote my own VHDL code for an ECC codec that is defined for a
    > specific code. The all is working well and the synthesis is ok. The
    > second stage in my project is to build a coregen in order to generat
    > the VHDL code for any kind of this codec familly.

    Synthesizable cores are more valuable than vendor-specific
    netlists. Consider adding parameters to your design
    right in your VHDL code. You can use generic constants
    for vector widths and operation modes.
    Synthesis will not waste any gates on the unused modes.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Ouadid

    Jim Wu Guest

    > What i'm asking for is the way we write such a tool. In C/C++, VB,
    > TCL/TK????

    What you need is window with entry boxes for the programmable parameters,
    which you can write in Tcl/Tk very quickly. Besides, your coregen tool will
    work on any OS that Tcl/Tk supports.

    Jim Wu
    (remove capital letters)
    http://www.geocities.com/jimwu88/chips

    Jim Wu, Dec 21, 2003
  6. Ouadid

    Guest

    Thanks Jim,
    I think that all the EDA tools are supporting the tcl/tk language???
    And do you write your coregen in order that you write the core in vhdl
    with some fprintf() functions? or can we manage to write it in another
    way??? My ask this in order to know how to preserve the secret of my
    implantetion and the algorithm.
    Thanks for the help

    , Dec 21, 2003