How do you access a hiden server?

Guest

How do you access a hiden server? MY school has hiden there server. I want to be able to access it again. Tell me how i get it back!!!!! Any help is needed. Thanks for your help!

User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)

Mohamed El Ashmawy

What do you mean by a hidden server?
Do you mean it's behind a firewall?
or they changes its dns name? or another thing??

Please clarify
Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

if it is hidden, it means they don't want you to access it. leave it alone.

If an NT Server they possibly disabled the Computer Browser service.
In which case you need to know the IP for the server.