    want to lose (well, I sort of do...) his changes.

    Thanks.

    AU

    aualias, Jun 3, 2004

  2. aualias

    Karl Bauer Guest

    You can use Visual Source Safe as a possible solution.

    Karl Bauer, Jun 3, 2004

  3. aualias

    aualias Guest

    Karl,

    We (they) are not using Source Safe. I have it locally on my computer for
    other development, so I would be able to use the diff tool (or another
    diff), but how can I get the remote version of the file without overwriting
    my local copy?

    I know that I can backup locally, but there must be an easier method.

    Thanks.

    Alfredo

    aualias, Jun 3, 2004
  4. aualias

    aualias Guest

    Thanks Steven,

    Unfortunately, using source control is not possible with the people I am
    working with. I have strongly suggested it, but they think it is too much
    trouble. I guess I will just have to back up my local file, refresh from
    the server, and do a diff between the two (in theory, nobody else should
    have been working on these files...).

    Thanks for your help.

    Alfredo

    > Hi Alfredo,
    >
    > As for how to diff the files on different machine(local and remote side),
    > generally, if we're implementing source file management in development,
    > it's better to make use of some certain source control tools such as VSS ,
    > CVS....
    > That's the formal and safe means. Here are some resources on source

    control

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/vetchWebProjectsSo

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sccvs70/html/veoriSourceCodeControlS

    aualias, Jun 4, 2004