How do you display DWORD & strings in an Edit Box

Xanax

Hi all,
I have an edit box in my app displaying the results of function executions
as strings.
But some of the functions return the result of driver properties, which are
in DWORD format.
Is there a way to oncert DWORD to String so it will display in the edit box?

Cheers.
Kevin.

Kevin Goodsell

Xanax said:
Hi all,
I have an edit box

No such thing in standard C++.
in my app displaying the results of function executions
as strings.
But some of the functions return the result of driver properties, which are
in DWORD format.

No such thing in standard C++.
Is there a way to oncert DWORD to String so it will display in the edit box?

None of this is meaningful with respect to standard C++.

It seems you forgot to read the welcome message before posting.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

-Kevin

Kevin Goodsell

Kevin said:
OK I'm talking about VC++

Please don't top-post. Re-read section 5 of the FAQ for posting
guidelines. You seem to have missed some points the first time around.
You might also be interested in section 3 of RFC 1855 which deals with
Netiquette.

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

VC++ is off topic in this group, for reasons that are explained in the
welcome message, which I'm guessing you have still failed to read.
Please read it before posting again.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

-Kevin

Kevin Goodsell

Kevin said:
I'm not top posting!
You have your NG reader configured incorrectly!

You are wrong, and you have not bothered to even attempt to learn proper
netiquette. Please check the references I've given you before posting
again. Thank you.

-Kevin

Default User

Kevin said:
I'm not top posting!
You have your NG reader configured incorrectly!

Yes you are. Top-posting means posting your reply above the quotes. Stop
it.

Brian Rodenborn

Thomas Matthews

Kevin Goodsell

Kevin said:
I'm using Outlook express5 and there isn't an option to stop top posting!

You clearly have not yet bothered to learn what top-posting is. If you
can't be bothered to make any attempt to follow the rules of netiquette
and of this group, then many of the people here will see no reason to
bother helping you, myself included. Goodbye.

*PLONK*

-Kevin

Xanax

You are a major Ass Hole!
If you were the last person in the world I would ask for your help.
Get a life you Sad person.

Kevin Goodsell

Xanax said:
You are a major Ass Hole!
If you were the last person in the world I would ask for your help.
Get a life you Sad person.

Damnit, why did you have to revert names again right after I plonked you?

*PLONK* again.

-Kevin

Kevin Goodsell

Xanax wrote:

<snip>

One last thing.

I have to wonder what exactly you believe happened here. I may not have
been particularly polite to you, but you have been, and continue to be,
downright rude to the group. If you want respect, show some. You have
utterly failed to do so.

-Kevin

Xanax said:
You are a major Ass Hole!
If you were the last person in the world I would ask for your help.

Well, it's nice to know that at the very end you'd go back to him. Of
course, if KG were the last person in the world, then you wouldn't be
there. How nice for him!

Looks like I'll have to put your email addr in my killfile as well,
since you seem to like to vary your user name.

Brian Rodenborn

Xanax

You do not represent the Group.
You represent your own clouded vision of yourself as a trite leader or
politician for this group.