How do you express recursion in XML

Discussion in 'XML' started by Stephen Lohning, Nov 14, 2005.

  1. Is it possible to express recursion in XML. I am thinking in particular
    of directories in file systems?

    Stephen Lohning, Nov 14, 2005

  2. Stephen Lohning wrote:

    > Is it possible to express recursion in XML. I am thinking in particular
    > of directories in file systems?

    Thinking is good, reading the group to check if the thought
    is original might also help. The problem of representing
    a nested directory/file structure in XML has been discussed
    recently.

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 14, 2005

  3. Stephen Lohning

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Stephen Lohning wrote:

    > Is it possible to express recursion in XML.

    Just nest one element inside another as deep as you need.

    > I am thinking in
    > particular of directories in file systems?

    See the recent thread starting at Message-ID
    <dl2fb5$ibj$>

    ///Peter
    --
    XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/