How do you force all rows of a gridview to be in 'edit' mode?

COHENMARVIN

I have a gridview to which I want to add a column of checkboxes. I
could make every row have an UPDATE button, which would mean that the
user would click on that button and then the previous column would go
into editmode, and he would be able to check the checkbox. But I
would like something faster - where he scans down the column and
enters values in each checkbox that applies.
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks,
Marv

Teemu Keiski

What if you have the control which you use to edit directly in
TemplateField's ItemTemplate instead of EditItemTemplate? E.g by defining
controls directly in ItemTemplate they're there right from start when
databound, and there's no need to turn it to edit mode.