    Thanks,
    Zim
    , Dec 19, 2006

  2. Paul Lalli Guest

    wrote:
    > I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but it is realted
    > to perl. I have a perl script that I launch via the windows scheduler.
    > Right now when this script fails it prints out an error message to the
    > stdout. Does windows save the stdout some where? If so where?
    > Or do I need to create my own log file?

    What, exactly, makes you think this is "related to Perl"? Your
    question is the same no matter what language is used to write the
    program that Scheduler runs.

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Dec 19, 2006

  3. <> wrote:

    > I don't know if this is the best place to post this,

    It isn't.

    > but it is realted
    > to perl.

    No it isn't.

    > I have a perl script that I launch via the windows scheduler.
    > Right now when this script fails it prints out an error message to the
    > stdout. Does windows save the stdout some where? If so where?

    If you replaced it with a Python program, the output would go to
    the same place.

    You do not have a programming language question.

    You have an operating system question. Ask in a Windows newsgroup.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Dec 20, 2006
  4. Sisyphus Guest

    "Mark Pryor" <> wrote in message
    ..
    ..

    > Most of the list participants here are on *Nix, not Windows. You are
    > better off posting your win32/perl questions to the Activestate forums.
    > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Threaded/perl-win32-users
    > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Threaded/ActivePerl
    >
    > At the above page you can backtrack and subscribe to the perl-win32-users
    > list or . Both of those are very

    active.

    I'm subscribed to the perl-win32-users list and, sadly, I find that there's
    no longer much activity there (though there *once* was). I believe it's
    pretty much the same wrt the ActivePerl list - in fact I'm not all that sure
    that they'e not effectively the *same* list.

    There's probably still enough people subscribed to the ActiveState lists (in
    addition to myself) to make posting there worthwhile - though, for mine, the
    best Win32 support (especially for stuff that is, strictly speaking,
    off-topic) is to be found at perlmonks.

    Cheers,
    Rob
    Sisyphus, Dec 20, 2006