how do you get std out on windows scheduler

joez3

Hi all,
I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but it is realted
to perl. I have a perl script that I launch via the windows scheduler.
Right now when this script fails it prints out an error message to the
stdout. Does windows save the stdout some where? If so where?
Or do I need to create my own log file?
Thanks,
Zim

Paul Lalli

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but it is realted
to perl. I have a perl script that I launch via the windows scheduler.
Right now when this script fails it prints out an error message to the
stdout. Does windows save the stdout some where? If so where?
Or do I need to create my own log file?

What, exactly, makes you think this is "related to Perl"? Your
question is the same no matter what language is used to write the
program that Scheduler runs.

Paul Lalli

Tad McClellan

I don't know if this is the best place to post this,

It isn't.
but it is realted
to perl.

No it isn't.

I have a perl script that I launch via the windows scheduler.
Right now when this script fails it prints out an error message to the
stdout. Does windows save the stdout some where? If so where?

If you replaced it with a Python program, the output would go to
the same place.

You do not have a programming language question.

You have an operating system question. Ask in a Windows newsgroup.

Sisyphus

..
..
Most of the list participants here are on *Nix, not Windows. You are
better off posting your win32/perl questions to the Activestate forums.
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Threaded/perl-win32-users
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Threaded/ActivePerl

At the above page you can backtrack and subscribe to the perl-win32-users
list or (e-mail address removed). Both of those are very active.

I'm subscribed to the perl-win32-users list and, sadly, I find that there's
no longer much activity there (though there *once* was). I believe it's
pretty much the same wrt the ActivePerl list - in fact I'm not all that sure
that they'e not effectively the *same* list.

There's probably still enough people subscribed to the ActiveState lists (in
addition to myself) to make posting there worthwhile - though, for mine, the
best Win32 support (especially for stuff that is, strictly speaking,
off-topic) is to be found at perlmonks.

Cheers,
Rob