How do you let the customer go about updating their brand new site?

scoarescoare

I have a different type of question. After you've tested and debugged
your site, how do you hand off the new site to your customer so that
they can update/maintain it by themselves? Do you create separate
admin forms only they can access? Do you give them direct access to
the DB? I'm just really really curious because I am starting to run
into situations where I need to give my customers complete access
without me having to intervene. I'm getting too busy!

Guest

scoarescoare said:
I have a different type of question. After you've tested and debugged
your site, how do you hand off the new site to your customer so that
they can update/maintain it by themselves? Do you create separate
admin forms only they can access? Do you give them direct access to
the DB? I'm just really really curious because I am starting to run
into situations where I need to give my customers complete access
without me having to intervene. I'm getting too busy!

A CMS would help
CMS=content management system

Aidy

Usually you give them admin forms that let them manage the data without you.
It is often a bigger task than doing the site itself.

scoarescoare

I see - I guess that is what i was thinking. I guess I'll start
making some forms for them. Thank pal.