    Let me rephrase the question. What's the easiest way to make a flat-look button
    that changes its appearance on mouseDown?

    Thanks for your help.
    Bruce W...1, Sep 13, 2003

  2. David Dorward, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Bruce W...1

    DU Guest

    Bruce W...1 wrote:

    > How does one make a flat-looking button or text field? That is with no bevelled
    > edges, maybe just a thin line on the edge?
    >
    > I know you can do it with Macromedia Flash but there must be other ways.
    >
    > I know you could use an image button but this wouldn't have any client-side
    > behavior like hover or mouse down.
    >
    > I have just about every cool software tool available. I'm just not sure of the
    > best angle to attack this problem.
    >
    > Let me rephrase the question. What's the easiest way to make a flat-look button
    > that changes its appearance on mouseDown?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Advanced interactive CSS button design page:
    http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/HTMLJavascriptCSS/AdvancedCSSButtons.html

    DU
    --
    Javascript and Browser bugs:
    DU, Sep 13, 2003
  4. Bruce W...1

    Bruce W...1 Guest

    DU wrote:

    > Advanced interactive CSS button design page:
    > http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/HTMLJavascriptCSS/AdvancedCSSButtons.html
    >
    > DU
    > --
    > Javascript and Browser bugs:
    > http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/
    > - Resources, help and tips for Netscape 7.x users and Composer
    > - Interactive demos on Popup windows, music (audio/midi) in Netscape 7.x
    > http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/Netscape7/Netscape7Section.html

    That's good. Thanks. Do it with CSS.

    Bu t what about the client-side behavior on mouseDown?
    Bruce W...1, Sep 14, 2003
  5. Bruce W...1 wrote:

    > Bu t what about the client-side behavior on mouseDown?

    input[type=submit] {
    /* Normal Style */
    }

    input[type=submit]:active {
    /* Style on mouse down */
    }

    Its a pity MSIE is so far behind the times. You'll need JavaScript to have
    any effect there.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Sep 14, 2003
  6. Bruce W...1 wrote:

    > I have just about every cool software tool available.

    ? Estwing

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Sep 15, 2003