How do you make a gridview depend on a dataset that you create

COHENMARVIN

I have a programming problem - I'm supposed to take a gridview listing
people, and then link from one row to another to indicate that the
people are the same (if they are), even though the name may be spelled
a little differently or some of the data might be inaccurate. It is
hard to think of any user interface that would allow this, but I'm
thinking that the grid might have SELECT buttons, and when the Select
button is clicked, I add a row to another gridview - a gridview of
'duplicates'. The problem is that this new gridview would not be
associated with a table - I'd rather associate it with a dataset that
I create. How is this done? In other words, when there is no
database behind a sqldatasource, what do you do?
Thanks,
Marvin

Jonathan Wood

Well, you could bind the gridview to a datasource that is filtered as
needed.

However, to me, a simpler way would be to respond to the link click and then
simply create a datasource however is easiest for you and then
programmatically assign the data source to the GridView's DataSource
property, and call the DataBind method.