How do you not include the trackback URL when using RSS/Maker?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Patrick Lajeunesse, Jul 10, 2009.

    I want to make feeds using RSS/Maker, but I don't want the trackback to
    madskills.com. I can't figure out a parameter to turn it off.

    Sample code:

    require 'rss/maker'
    rss_content = RSS::Maker.make("2.0") do |m|
    m.channel.link = "http://www.example.com"
    m.channel.title = "Test"
    m.channel.description = "Test"
    end
    puts rss_content

    Results in:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <rss version="2.0"
    xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/">
    <channel>
    <title>Test</title>
    <link>http://www.example.com</link>
    <description>Test</description>
    </channel>
    </rss>

    I guess I could just remove it from rss_content before I write the file, but
    it seems silly that I'd have to do that. This is 1.8.6.

    Thanks,

    Patrick

    Patrick Lajeunesse, Jul 10, 2009