    komal singh Guest

    Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???

    Thanking You
    komal singh, Mar 6, 2013

  2. komal singh

    Lew Guest

    Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the qualityof software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    komal singh wrote:
    > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers
    > and also how they look at the quality of software???

    Please do not multipost.

    And it only requires one question mark to indicate an interrogative.

    And I decline.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Mar 6, 2013

  3. komal singh

    komal singh Guest

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
    >

    > Thanking You

    no need to show so much attitude... its my university project i'm asking help for not some cocky answer.
    komal singh, Mar 6, 2013
  4. komal singh

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:53:44 PM UTC-8, komal singh wrote:
    > On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    >
    > > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???

    > no need to show so much attitude... its [sic] my university project i'm [sic] asking help for not some cocky answer.

    You're the one showing attitude. Please do not multipost.

    Do you really think being rude and demanding will get you any help?

    Buh-bye, now.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Mar 7, 2013
  5. komal singh

    Joerg Meier Guest

    On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:53:44 -0800 (PST), komal singh wrote:

    > On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    >> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???

    >> Thanking You

    > no need to show so much attitude... its my university project i'm asking help for not some cocky answer.

    What a rude reply after littering our newsgroup with your multiple ill
    formatted help requests.

    Liebe Gruesse,
    Joerg

    ungelesen.
    Joerg Meier, Mar 7, 2013
  6. komal singh

    komal singh Guest

    Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the qualityof software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
    >

    > Thanking You

    Its a small request from a student and multi posting isnt offending you in anyway... you guys really need to relax. How is my request rude Lew?
    komal singh, Mar 7, 2013
  7. komal singh

    komal singh Guest

    Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the qualityof software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
    >

    > Thanking You

    its just a request regardless of the format its in.
    komal singh, Mar 7, 2013
  8. Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the qualityof software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    On 03/07/2013 10:28 AM, komal singh wrote:
    > On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    >> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???

    > Its a small request from a student and multi posting isnt offending you in anyway... you guys really need to relax. How is my request rude Lew?

    Hey, if trolling in usenet is your approach for writing a thesis then go
    to your adviser and ask for another topic!

    Magnus

    --
    This is Unix-Land. In quiet nights, you can hear the Windows machines
    reboot.
    Magnus Warker, Mar 7, 2013
  9. komal singh

    komal singh Guest

    Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the qualityof software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
    >

    > Thanking You

    you clearly have no idea of what my disso is about and what i need doing.s o if you sad people can help then feel free otherwise stop wasting my time.you clearly have nothing else to do. if your so clever and smart why not take up the challenge and lets see if you can answer my questions.
    komal singh, Mar 7, 2013
  10. Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the quality of software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    komal singh <> writes:
    > On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    >> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the
    >> perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of

    > Its a small request from a student and multi posting isnt offending you in

    Having fun talking to yourself?

    --
    Jukka Lahtinen
    Jukka Lahtinen, Mar 7, 2013
  11. komal singh

    komal singh Guest

    Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the qualityof software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
    >

    > Thanking You

    seen as though your replying and asking me a question its not really talking to myself.. wow you guys do seem to think your above everybody..
    komal singh, Mar 7, 2013
  12. komal singh

    David Lamb Guest

    On 07/03/2013 7:08 AM, komal singh wrote:
    > On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    >> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of
    >> programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???

    > you clearly have no idea of what my disso is about and what i need doing.s o
    > if you sad people can help then feel free otherwise stop wasting my

    time. you
    > clearly have nothing else to do. if your so clever and smart why not

    take up
    > the challenge and lets see if you can answer my questions.

    I think you may not be familiar with the culture you've dived into with
    your multiple separate posts on the same subject. It's a practice that's
    been frowned upon in Usenet since its beginnings 30+ years ago. It may
    look like an overreaction to you, but that's because you didn't realize
    that, in this environment, multiposting is considered rude. Lots of
    people respond to rudeness with rudeness.

    As to the questionnaire itself, in one of the separate places you posted
    this request I (politely, I think) asked if you were aware an internet
    survey like the one you proposed to email wouldn't give you any
    statistically valid information. If you just wanted a quick response to
    guide future work that would be one thing -- last fall I asked a brief
    question about how use cases were written in industry, for example, but
    that was never meant to be presented as legitimate research. There are
    plenty of professional programmers on this list who would consider it
    irresponsible to participate in an informal survey that was going to be
    portrayed as a research result. It is a *lot* of work to survey
    industrial practices properly; I have a colleague who has built a career
    on it.
    David Lamb, Mar 7, 2013
  13. komal singh

    komal singh Guest

    Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the qualityof software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
    >

    > Thanking You

    Wow thank you so much Lipska You have pointed it out well. All I need is 10-12 programmers who can carry out a quick task and answer a few questions.But, some people soon begin to think they are above others. I am only a student who enjoys programming too. Can we correspond through emails? I understand what you are saying David but how can I put my questionnaire on here?Should i copy and paste the questions and post them?
    Thanks for the response guys
    komal singh, Mar 7, 2013
  14. komal singh

    Roedy Green Guest

    who said :

    >no need to show so much attitude... its my university project i'm asking help for not some cocky answer.

    You need a clearer question, or to break it into a number of
    questions.
    One thing I love about having a website, is that when I complain about
    something, I only have to do it once. It saves me endless hours of
    grumbling.
    Roedy Green, Mar 7, 2013
  15. komal singh

    komal singh Guest

    Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the qualityof software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
    >

    > Thanking You

    Personally, I can send the word doc over email but I do not have a website.What if i sent it from my university email address? But, i will look into the the free file sharing and see if I can come up with something. Once again thank you for your understanding approach.
    komal singh, Mar 7, 2013
  16. komal singh

    Roedy Green Guest

    Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the quality of software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 04:08:24 -0800 (PST), komal singh
    who said :

    >you clearly have no idea of what my disso is about and what i need doing.s =
    >o if you sad people can help then feel free otherwise stop wasting my time.=
    > you clearly have nothing else to do. if your so clever and smart why not t=
    >ake up the challenge and lets see if you can answer my questions.

    Oops. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/newsgroups.html

    You are the one asking the favour. You making the error of thinking
    you are ENTITLED to an answer. Newsgroupers smell that sense of
    entitlement the way sharks smell blood.
    Roedy Green, Mar 7, 2013
  17. komal singh

    komal singh Guest

    Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the qualityof software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    > Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???
    >

    > Thanking You

    could we possibly Drop box?
    komal singh, Mar 7, 2013
  18. komal singh

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 3/7/2013 4:28 AM, komal singh wrote:
    > On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:38:44 PM UTC, komal singh wrote:
    >> Can you please help with a quick short survey which looks at the perceptions of programmers and also how they look at the quality of software???

    > Its a small request from a student and multi posting isnt offending you in anyway...

    Most of us prefer to determine ourselves what offend us.

    And multiposting is generally frowned on.

    > you guys really need to relax.

    I can strongly recommend that you look into the topic:
    usenet netiquette.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 7, 2013
  19. komal singh

    komal singh Guest

    Re: How do you perceive programming? how do you look at the qualityof software? Help needed with a quick survey!!!1

    I have just asked my tutor as well so once I have a response i will get back to you...

    Thank you
    komal singh, Mar 7, 2013
  20. komal singh

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 3/7/2013 7:08 AM, komal singh wrote:
    > you clearly have no idea of what my disso is about and what i need
    > doing.s o if you sad people can help then feel free otherwise stop
    > wasting my time. you clearly have nothing else to do. if your so
    > clever and smart why not take up the challenge and lets see if you
    > can answer my questions.

    This is a discussion forum.

    When you post something then don't be surprised if people
    actually discuss it.

    Another tip: if you want people to spend time helping you, then
    be very polite and not demanding or aggressive.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 7, 2013