How do you save persisted (between runs) login information in .NET (c#)?

Tom Jorgenson

Can anyone give me sample code for creating a persisted (between runs)
cookie that holds the user name and password? Would appreciate it if you
could be specific, since I've been fighting this for a day or two now and
still can't get the cookie to persist (yes, know about the timeout period
property - I've also checked to be sure that the machine allows cookies, and
it does).

Specifically need to know:

1. what type of cookie to create (HttpCookie, Cookie, etc.),
2. how to save it (on the Page.Request, Page.Response, etc.),
3. where to get it on the next program run,
4. and how to access its value(s).

If anyone can give me an answer, I'd really appreciate it. Sample C# code
would be ideal.

Thank you.