    CSS?

    Thanks for any help you can provide

    Johnny

    ChChanges, Jun 16, 2004

  2. ChChanges

    Neal Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 01:24:32 GMT, ChChanges <>
    wrote:

    > Can somebody tell me how to center a table Vertically on a webpage?
    >
    > CSS?
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can provide
    >
    > Johnny

    Do you know the user's viewport height? Answer: No.

    So, how do you know the table can in fact be centered?

    Neal, Jun 16, 2004

  3. ChChanges

    Mitja Guest

    ChChanges <>
    (news:kjNzc.273989$) wrote:
    > Can somebody tell me how to center a table Vertically on a webpage?
    > CSS?

    Yup, though it's one of its weak spots.

    One thing people around here don't like: misuse of tables solves the
    problem, because only TDs can have their content centered vertically. (In
    reality; theoretically, you can assign display:table to a div and use
    vertical-align then, but it won't work in IE, so it isn't much help). If you
    know the exact height of the table, it's somewhat easier.

    Anyway, a LOT has already been written about this topic. Further info:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=css center vertically&num=0

    Mitja, Jun 16, 2004