How does a java client consume .net DataSet datatype in a web service

Cowboy

A dataset is serialized as XML. You will have to create an XML object on the
Java side and consume it by binding the XML to items in your application.
For simple report output, XSLT does wonder.

If you need another format for XML in your Java application, you have a
couple of choices. The first is to stream out the XML and run an XSLT
transform on the .NET side. You then will feed out an XML string through the
web service instead of a DataSet. You can also do this on the Java side.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Guest

Isn't a dataset returned as a hashtable? If so, I don't see any reason why java couldn't consume it as such, since java includes a hashtable data type as well.