How does DataList Itemcommand handler knows the value of its contr

Guest

Hi,

In a Datagrid ItemCommand Handler, I can use e.item.cells(0).text to get the
value of the second column of the current row.

Is there something similar in DataList? Say I have 1 databound column
defined using <%# Databinder.eval(Container.DataItem, "CustomerID") %> tag,
how do I get CustomerID of the current row in ItemCommand handler?

TIA

Karl Seguin

Ed,
There are typically better ways of going about this, such as using the
DataKeys property, or using commandArguments.

You can always do something like:
<input type="hidden" value='<%# Databinder.eval(Container.DataItem,
"CustomerID") %>' runat="server" id="customerId" />

dim input as HtmlInputHidden = ctype(e.Item.FindControl("customerId"),
HtmlInputHidden)
dim customerId as integer = cint(input.Value)

check out my databinding tutorial for more information:
http://openmymind.net/databinding/index.html