How does navigation work in TimeTracker starter kit ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bazza Formez, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. Bazza Formez

    Bazza Formez Guest

    Hi,

    This is very much a newbie type question ...

    I have downloaded the code for the TimeTracker app which is one of the
    Starter Kits at www.asp.net & trying to figure out exactly how it works so
    that I can build something similar myself.

    In my new app I would like to employ the same method to navigate between
    pages that is used when a user clicks the tabs at the top of the screen in
    TimeTracker.... but I am falling down at the first step ! I can't see how
    the navigation tabs get rendered. No hyperlink controls or anything like
    that. See http://www.asp.net/TimeTrackerStarterKit/TimeEntry.aspx and look
    at the tabs called "Log", "Reports" & "Administration" to see them in
    action.

    Looking at file TimeEntry.aspx in Visual Studio for example.... there are no
    tabs (or user control) appearing in the designer surface. At run time
    though, there they are.

    I can't see any code doing this either... ie. in the Page_Load sub for
    example.

    Can someone give me a few clues here as to how it works.

    Many thanks,

    Bazza

    Bazza Formez, Jan 18, 2005

  2. I do not have it downloaded, but see if there is a tab control (part of the
    Internet Explorer Web Controls). If so, it is a compiled control that
    handles the events to switch from view to view. NOTE: This is even better in
    Visual Studio 2005, if you can wait.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jan 19, 2005

  3. Bazza Formez

    Bazza Formez Guest

    Thanks Gregory

    message news:eWLp7kd$...