    document.value = '';

    No go. How do I blank everything? I want to wipe out everything in
    between the 200 milisecond cycles.

    lawrence, Nov 21, 2004

  2. lawrence

    rf Guest

    lawrence wrote:

    > Now he wants it to flash fast, so I'm
    > calling it in setTimeout every 200 miliseconds.

    What is he doing? Trying to cause every epileptic out there to have
    immediate seizures?

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Nov 21, 2004

  3. lawrence

    Zifud Guest

    rf wrote:
    > lawrence wrote:
    >

    >>Now he wants it to flash fast, so I'm
    >>calling it in setTimeout every 200 miliseconds.

    > What is he doing? Trying to cause every epileptic out there to have
    > immediate seizures?

    This should be interesting, if somewhat irresponsible...

    document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].innerHTML = '';

    Zif.

    Zifud, Nov 21, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > The graphic designer I'm working with wants me to get an assortment of
    > DIVs to be generated and colored randomly. Got that (thanks to all,
    > especially Michael Winters). Now he wants it to flash fast, so I'm
    > calling it in setTimeout every 200 miliseconds.
    >
    > One more question, how do you blank everything in a window? I tried
    > this:
    >
    > document.value = '';
    >
    > No go.

    Why would it?

    > How do I blank everything? I want to wipe out everything in
    > between the 200 milisecond cycles.

    Put it all in a div and hide it.

    Can't wait to see the finished article. It's gonna be awesome, dude.

    --
    Hywel

    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 21, 2004
  5. lawrence

    rf Guest

    Zifud wrote:
    > rf wrote:
    > > lawrence wrote:
    > >
    > >>Now he wants it to flash fast, so I'm
    > >>calling it in setTimeout every 200 miliseconds.

    > > What is he doing? Trying to cause every epileptic out there to have
    > > immediate seizures?
    > >

    > This should be interesting, if somewhat irresponsible...
    >
    > document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].innerHTML = '';

    document.location="about:blank";

    Gets rid of the nasty flashing in the future too :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Nov 21, 2004
  6. lawrence

    lawrence Guest

    "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote in message news:<jN9od.44289$>...
    > Zifud wrote:
    > > rf wrote:

    > > > What is he doing? Trying to cause every epileptic out there to have
    > > > immediate seizures?
    > > >

    > document.location="about:blank";
    >
    > Gets rid of the nasty flashing in the future too :)

    Brilliant. Very clean.

    As to the flashing, people do much wilder stuff with Flash, why not
    recreate a few of those visual tricks using Javascript?

    lawrence, Nov 22, 2004
  7. lawrence

    rf Guest

    > > document.location="about:blank";

    > Brilliant. Very clean.

    Thank you sir.

    > As to the flashing, people do much wilder stuff with Flash

    Which is why I do not have flash installed. I use the web for content, not
    entertainment. Entertainment comes on my TV :)
    (I may be atypical though).

    > why not
    > recreate a few of those visual tricks using Javascript?

    Go for it.

    Expect me to immediately click the back button :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Nov 22, 2004