how does one blank an entire window?

lawrence

The graphic designer I'm working with wants me to get an assortment of
DIVs to be generated and colored randomly. Got that (thanks to all,
especially Michael Winters). Now he wants it to flash fast, so I'm
calling it in setTimeout every 200 miliseconds.

One more question, how do you blank everything in a window? I tried
this:

document.value = '';

No go. How do I blank everything? I want to wipe out everything in
between the 200 milisecond cycles.

rf

lawrence said:
Now he wants it to flash fast, so I'm
calling it in setTimeout every 200 miliseconds.

What is he doing? Trying to cause every epileptic out there to have
immediate seizures?

Zifud

rf said:
lawrence wrote:

What is he doing? Trying to cause every epileptic out there to have
immediate seizures?

This should be interesting, if somewhat irresponsible...

document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].innerHTML = '';

Zif.

Hywel Jenkins

The graphic designer I'm working with wants me to get an assortment of
DIVs to be generated and colored randomly. Got that (thanks to all,
especially Michael Winters). Now he wants it to flash fast, so I'm
calling it in setTimeout every 200 miliseconds.

One more question, how do you blank everything in a window? I tried
this:

document.value = '';

No go.

Why would it?

How do I blank everything? I want to wipe out everything in
between the 200 milisecond cycles.

Put it all in a div and hide it.

Can't wait to see the finished article. It's gonna be awesome, dude.

rf

Zifud said:
rf said:
What is he doing? Trying to cause every epileptic out there to have
immediate seizures?

This should be interesting, if somewhat irresponsible...

document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].innerHTML = '';

document.location="about:blank";

Gets rid of the nasty flashing in the future too :)

lawrence

rf said:
document.location="about:blank";

Gets rid of the nasty flashing in the future too :)

Brilliant. Very clean.

As to the flashing, people do much wilder stuff with Flash, why not
recreate a few of those visual tricks using Javascript?

rf

Brilliant. Very clean.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir.
As to the flashing, people do much wilder stuff with Flash

Which is why I do not have flash installed. I use the web for content, not
entertainment. Entertainment comes on my TV :)
(I may be atypical though).
why not
recreate a few of those visual tricks using Javascript?

Go for it.

Expect me to immediately click the back button :)