    Cyb Guest

    I am trying to find look at different websites ccs. Is there any way to
    find out what they are. Thanks for any help.

    Cyb, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Cyb wrote:
    > I am trying to find look at different websites ccs. Is there any way to
    > find out what they are. Thanks for any help.

    If they're doing it with <style> or style attributes, view source.
    Otherwise, view source and look for <link rel="stylesheet">s and follow
    the href attribute of those.

    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Cyb

    Brett Guest

    > > I am trying to find look at different websites ccs. Is there any way to
    > > find out what they are. Thanks for any help.

    You can also use MyIE2 ( http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm ) which is
    basically internet explorer with a lot of extra features. It has an addon
    to view the css file by just clicking a button. It's the way I like to do
    it :)
    --
    Brett
    Provision Tech

    Brett, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Cyb

    kayodeok Guest

    Cyb <> wrote in

    > I am trying to find look at different websites ccs. Is there any
    > way to find out what they are. Thanks for any help.

    In addition to viewing the source as suggested by Leif, if you are
    using Mozilla/Firebird, have a look at EditCSS:

    http://editcss.mozdev.org/

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/

    kayodeok, Nov 27, 2003
  5. Toby A Inkster, Nov 27, 2003
  6. Cyb

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Cyb

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > Brett wrote:

    >> You can also use MyIE2 ( http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm )
    >> which is basically internet explorer with a lot of extra features.
    >> It has an addon to view the css file by just clicking a button.
    >> It's the way I like to do it :)

    > Or use Opera 7 with this customisation:
    > http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=10#tip3

    The link: opera:/button/Go%20to%20link%20element,%20"stylesheet" resulted in
    a 404. Now my Opera 7 doesn't start anymore!
    Any suggestions (and isn't it wise to warn your visitors?)
    Nico :-(

    Nico Schuyt, Nov 28, 2003
  8. Nico Schuyt wrote:

    > The link: opera:/button/Go%20to%20link%20element,%20"stylesheet" resulted in
    > a 404. Now my Opera 7 doesn't start anymore!
    > Any suggestions

    Hmmm... Strange. Doesn't here. Which version of Opera are you using?

    Possible fix would be to look for your Opera settings directory, find your
    toolbar settings file (search the directory for the words "Document
    Toolbar"), open that up in a text editor, locate the line that contains:

    Go to link element, "stylesheet"

    and remove that line. Save and close the toolbar settings file and then
    start Opera.

    > (and isn't it wise to warn your visitors?)

    Well, I've never heard of that happening with anyone else!

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Nov 28, 2003
  9. Cyb

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > Nico Schuyt wrote:
    >
    >> The link: opera:/button/Go%20to%20link%20element,%20"stylesheet"
    >> resulted in a 404. Now my Opera 7 doesn't start anymore!
    >> Any suggestions

    > Hmmm... Strange. Doesn't here. Which version of Opera are you using?
    > Possible fix would be to look for your Opera settings directory, find
    > your toolbar settings file .......

    Restarted my computer and it worked again.

    >> (and isn't it wise to warn your visitors?)

    > Well, I've never heard of that happening with anyone else!

    May I suggest you change it from a (apparently normal) link to something
    with a submit button and a short explanation what it is about to do?

    Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Nov 28, 2003
  10. Cyb

    Cyb Guest

    Cyb, Nov 29, 2003
  11. Cyb

    Chris Harris Guest

    > thank you all for your help

    Do you mean CSS? Look at the HTML source code in the head section and see
    what is included there.

    Chris Harris, Dec 1, 2003
  12. Cyb

    Cyb Guest

    yes, however, all I see is the

    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/include/main.css">

    Is there anything that works with Mac browsers?

    Cyb, Dec 2, 2003
  13. Cyb

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    Cyb <> wrote in

    > yes, however, all I see is the
    >
    > <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/include/main.css">

    That tells you that the page is using an external CSS file whose URL is
    http://site.com/include/main.css. Just replace "site.com" with the actual
    domain name and put that URL into your browser. It should show you the CSS
    file.

    Eric Bohlman, Dec 2, 2003