how does one find a website's ccs?

Cyb

I am trying to find look at different websites ccs. Is there any way to
find out what they are. Thanks for any help.

Leif K-Brooks

Cyb said:
I am trying to find look at different websites ccs. Is there any way to
find out what they are. Thanks for any help.

If they're doing it with <style> or style attributes, view source.
Otherwise, view source and look for <link rel="stylesheet">s and follow
the href attribute of those.

Brett

I am trying to find look at different websites ccs. Is there any way to
You can also use MyIE2 ( http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm ) which is
basically internet explorer with a lot of extra features. It has an addon
to view the css file by just clicking a button. It's the way I like to do
it :)

Toby A Inkster

Nico said:
The link: opera:/button/Go%20to%20link%20element,%20"stylesheet" resulted in
a 404. Now my Opera 7 doesn't start anymore!
Any suggestions

Hmmm... Strange. Doesn't here. Which version of Opera are you using?

Possible fix would be to look for your Opera settings directory, find your
toolbar settings file (search the directory for the words "Document
Toolbar"), open that up in a text editor, locate the line that contains:

Go to link element, "stylesheet"

and remove that line. Save and close the toolbar settings file and then
start Opera.
(and isn't it wise to warn your visitors?)

Well, I've never heard of that happening with anyone else!

Nico Schuyt

Hmmm... Strange. Doesn't here. Which version of Opera are you using?
Possible fix would be to look for your Opera settings directory, find
your toolbar settings file .......

Restarted my computer and it worked again.
Well, I've never heard of that happening with anyone else!

May I suggest you change it from a (apparently normal) link to something
with a submit button and a short explanation what it is about to do?

Nico

Cyb

yes, however, all I see is the

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/include/main.css">

Is there anything that works with Mac browsers?

Eric Bohlman

yes, however, all I see is the

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/include/main.css">

That tells you that the page is using an external CSS file whose URL is
http://site.com/include/main.css. Just replace "site.com" with the actual
domain name and put that URL into your browser. It should show you the CSS
file.