How does Output Cache affect an SSL (https://) connection?

mmike

How does the ASP.NET output cache affect an httpS:// (SSL) connection?

Suppose I have a default.aspx page that has the following:

<%@OutputCache Duration="3600" VaryByParam="None" %>

Page_Load {
/* if 443 convert to http:// via Response.Redirect(..........) */
blah ......redirect to a simple port 80 connection as opposed to a 443
blah
Response.Redirect("http://" + ......... )
}

I would be using the output cache because it's the main page of the website
and heavily hit.

And furthermore a user can access it via

https://www.domain.com/default.aspx

So, the question is, "This page is obviously cached because the Page_Load is
not doing the redirect.
But is the webpage information encrypted when it's sent across the wire from
the server to the client? And how will the two technologies SSL and Output
Cache affect the final web server performance?"

Thanks.