How does the break statement work?

Tim Streater

Evertjan. said:
Cogito wrote on 22 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
Actually I did not. It was just a word I picked at random. I was just
wondering if there is a way of detecting typos other than careful
scrutiny.

JS being a easy comlpiance language,
no that usually is not possible.
[VBS has "option explicit"]

Some help may come from using an editor with code colouring,
like:

<http://www.editpadpro.com/>

or TextWrangler.

Cogito, you will need to test your code? Does it do what you expect in a
variety of conditions?

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <u2q403ltf55ka1475809i9jomnjl1ns8g5@4ax.
Actually I did not. It was just a word I picked at random. I was just
wondering if there is a way of detecting typos other than careful
scrutiny.

Well, if the identifiers you choose are all standard English (or other)
words, a spelling-checker will show those that are not.

Or you could run your code through a program that separates out all the
"word"s, sorts them, and counts how many times each is used. Those used
only once ...

In many cases a typo will result in the attempted use of an undefined
variable in a manner that will be detected, provided that your test uses
that variable. Because of the nature of the language and the speed of
computers nowadays, it pays to test early and test often.