    how messages stored in database. as i know nvarchar has a limit about 4096
    chars. and using ntext has searching limitations (when used with LIKE
    operator).
    The Crow, Dec 28, 2005

  2. There is also varchar which has an 8K limit.

    Each forum may have different requirements. If you are writing a forum
    system, then just impose a limit yourself.

    Realistically though, are people going to post more then 4K in a single
    message?

    Peter Rilling, Dec 28, 2005

  3. The Crow

    The Crow Guest

    yes maybe not and i decided to go sraightforward and choosed nvarchar (as my
    primary language is turkish and i want unicode support for searching). but i
    just wondered how they successed unlimited lenght.
    The Crow, Dec 28, 2005